Aiden woke up on Christmas Day and came into our bed, at first he didn't even mention going down to see if Santa came so I just laid there waiting for him to figure out it was Christmas morning. Finally he said "Let's go see if Santa came" so we all headed downstairs and we let Aiden be the first to go down to the basement and he was completely FULL of excitement when he saw that Santa had in fact came to our house! He got everything he asked for, his Red DS, his skateboard, a puzzle, tons of games, a new guitar and even a bone for his dog. He also got his Pogo stick, Santa decided to hide that particular gift and that had to be the one gift he asked about every time he opened a present. When he finally saw that he got it he was just thrilled! Ava was more into the paper and ribbons than opening her presents! However, after we all opened them for her she started opening the ones she wasn't supposed to open! LOL! She also got some very nice toys from Santa including her pink laptop, a ball popper and a pony she can ride! They also got a ton of other gifts from Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and cousins. They are totally spoiled! We had a very relaxed fun day. Chris's Brother came over with his two children and the kids played with all the new toys and really enjoyed the "Just Dance" game on Wii that Grandma Bev got for us! My parents also came spent the weekend. We had an overall wonderful holiday. I must admit I think I did pretty well on the food and everyone seemed to enjoy my cooking! Now it's time to start my diet and exercising!
Chris and I both took the week after Christmas off from work and the kids were home from daycare and school. We took Aiden to see Alvin and the Chipmunks II at the movie tavern, went ice skating and Chris and I got to go out one day as well. We went to see the New Moon movie and to dinner at Outback. When we go home the sitter mentioned that Ava was pulling at her ear so I decided to take her into urgent care to get it checked out especially since she had a horrible cold the past few weeks. I am glad I took her because she did have an ear infection and we started her on medicine right away! Aiden was jealous because he loves the pink stuff and it wasn't for him this time! (only my son would ask for ammoxicillen)
New Years Eve we made pizza and I got some non alcoholic champagne, party hats, necklaces, blowers and all sorts of fun things for the kids. We decided since there was no way they were staying up until mid night that we would look up the countdown from England so we counted down with Big Ben at around 8:00 PM and did our New Years Celebration! Chris and I attempted to stay up but decided just to go to bed around 11PM! I made a pork roast and potatoes the next day and we watched the OSU football bowl game with our friend Jamie and Chris's brother.
This past weekend we just relaxed and got ready to head back to work and school today! In some ways I was ready to get back into a normal routine but it was a little hard saying good bye to the kids this morning. We had such a great time with them over the holiday break and it's so different when you don't have restrictions for time all the time! On the other hand I could have stayed home a few more days, I ended up coming down with a sinus infection just in time for a long work week :-(
Here are the pictures from Christmas Morning, New Years and a few others:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/slideShow/Main.jsp?token=179363401803:1337740361
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/slideShow/Main.jsp?token=108424401803:1035990156
We are looking forward to what all 2010 is going to bring, Casey (the dog) will turn 12 on the 18th, Aiden will turn 6 on the 19th of January. His party is on the 23rd. Gosh, Ava will be turning one shortly after that and we are planning a trip to the beach this summer once Aiden gets done with school! I can't wait!!! :-)
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment