Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I blinked and it's October already!




Well, I just realized it's been almost a month since I posted anything! I don't know where the past two months have gone! I feel like since Aiden started school I literally blinked and October is here already!!! The weather is getting cooler, football season is in full gear. The pictures I posted above are from this past Sunday. We were all dressed in our Browns gear and since they finally won a game, Chris thought it was the perfect opportunity for a family photo!
I started the "Couch to 5K" Running program so that keeps me busy 3 nights a week. It's a 9 week program and you alternate running and walking for about 30 minutes three nights a week, then the running gradually increases each week until you are able to run a 5K or for 30 minutes straight. You would think taking a half hour to exercise wouldn't be a big deal but when you only have a few hours in the evening to get everything done with two kids like homework, dinner, laundry, baths, getting everything ready for the next dayand just spending time some quality time enjoying each other, a half an hour is a lot of time!
Aiden is still playing flag football and scored his first official touchdown this past Saturday! He also got a flag, all in one game! For some of the other players on his team this might not be a big deal but it's taken Aiden a little time to grasp the playing process and the difference in him from last year to this year is amazing!!!! Chris and I were so proud of him! I had just gotten to the field with Ava and was literally walking from the parking lot when I saw him run the ball into the end zone. I thought it was him but to be honest I wasn't 100% certain until I got up to the stands and Chris asked if I saw him! It was one of those moments I just wanted to cry!
Ava is also doing great. She is talking more and more and she is certainly more DRAMA than Aiden ever was at her age! If you take something away from her and she is angry she will let you know it! Only two more weeks and she will start at the daycare center. I took her in last night to pick up Aiden, I stopped by the room she will be in and she was smiling and seemed to love it! I hope the adjustment goes well for her! She even had a little boy come up to her and give her a big hug as soon as I put her down...so sweet!
Chris is working a lot still but is now in town which has been nice! I will be leaving he and and kids on Saturday afternoon for a few days. My parents and I are heading to Tampa to visit my aunts and relax a little. I am not sure what I am going to do with myself. This is the very first time leaving Ava for more than one night. But I am going to try my best to relaxxxxxx and I am taking a few books that I have been really wanting to read and haven't had time to and I hope that I am able to just enjoy my time away! Although I know come Wednesday I will be aching to get back to hug and kiss my kids!

No comments: