
I had a baby item garage sale!
Therefore, my Uterus is officially retired!
This was a HUGE step for me! I kept EVERYTHING from both kids mainly because I was waiting for #2 to come along for three years and if it was a boy I wanted to keep all Aiden's stuff. (with the exception of a few things I gave to friends for their little ones). Aiden is now 6 years old so that means for 7 years I have been accumulating baby and kids clothes/toys and other items. I started pulling all our bins and bags of stuff out of our basement crawl space last Thursday. Once it was all out it was INSANE to see it all in the garage! I averaged 2 bins of clothes per year for Aiden and Ava was already averaging double that with 4 bins of clothes for just this past year! Some things were brand new with tags still on them. I think every other person that came by my garage on Fri and Sat asked if I had twins! LOL! I had two of a lot of items since when Aiden was in home daycare I purchased a second bouncer and saucer and things like that for him to take over to his daycare providers house. I have very mixed emotions about saying good bye to all these things...and that is what they are...just things! I still have all the memories in my heart and those will never be taken away! I managed to sell a ton of stuff!!!!! I still have a ton of stuff left so I am trying to sell a few things on Craigs list and I will be taking the clothing over a few boxes at a time to the local gently used children's store. I am lucky there is one very close to my office so I can make it a lunch time errand. I offered for my neighbor to come and take whatever she wanted for her little boy and she didn't take me up on the offer (crazy if you ask me but to each their own). Everyone keeps joking saying that now that I am getting rid of every thing I will end up pregnant. LOL! That is the way it always happens! Well, now that we got a little extra cash....something had to break that will cost us money and as ironic as it is...the garage door opener decided to stop working on Monday morning! We were planning on replacing the door in a few months anyway so now we will be getting a new door and door opener installed next week....so much for being ahead!

No comments:
Post a Comment