Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good News...Bad News

This has been a hectic week for me! First, Sunday night I did not sleep well at all, could be the fact I laid around in my pj's all day Sunday and got plenty of rest. Monday rolled around and I was fine then started getting a horrible back ache in the afternoon. Chris was getting ready to leave for a trip for work and last time I recall this particular type of pain it was a UTI. I decided to call the OB's office and see if they could have me run by the lab for a quick pee test as I didn't want to have to deal with it getting worse when he was out of town. I called and they got me into his office right away which was nice. I was pretty uncomfortable. The nurse said I had some white blood cells in my specimen, so she wanted to send it off to the lab for further testing, in the meantime, they checked my cervix to be sure it was nothing more, they started me on the antibiotic just incase it was an infection since the results would not be back until today and sent me on my way. They also both mentioned could be a pulled muscle.

I went home Monday evening, rested, took my first antibiotic and some tylenol. I felt a little sick to my stomach. After going to bed, Chris got up for something at around 1 AM and after that...forget it, I could not fall back to sleep for the life of me. Then, I told him about 5 AM there was no way I could make it to work. I got up to get Aiden ready and got sick while I brushed my teeth. I took him over to school and came back home trying to get back to sleep but, could not sleep. Then, the OB office calls to cancel my ultrasound appt for the 26th!!! I was not happy about that but since I had to call the nurse today I figured I would just ask if my OB could do the ultrasound at my appt on the 26th, I made the original ultrasound at 11 with the tech and my appt with him at 11:30. Anyway, I decided I would take a benedryl last night to help me sleep since this was night #2 with lack of sleep which I NEED, I am not a person who can go with out my sleep. So, headed to bed last night with Aiden and took the benedryl, well stated to fall alseep them, up every 20 minutes, and my heart was beating fast, I could just feel my pulse laying there in bed, it was not fun! So, I came to work this morning, not sure how I am still here but I figure if I stay home I will still not be able to sleep so I should just allow my mind to get as tired as the rest of me and hopefully tonight I will CRASH!

Called the nurse this morning after getting to work, left a message needed my lab results also wanted my Quad screen results if they were in since I had that bloodwork done late last week. So she called back and said the UTI screen was negative which is great, I don't have to take the antibiotics anymore. I may have just pulled something in my back. Then I told her my ultrasound appt was cancelled for the 26th and I was upset since I really wanted to find out the sex prior to Thanksgiving, she said she would check with the Dr and call me back she also had to get my Quad screen results. She called back and he wants to wait until the official 20 week mark to do the ultrasound so I had to reschedule for Dec. 1st...not a happy camper about that, but I guess we will have to wait a few more days. More importantl, my Quad screen came back normal! AMEN!

So that is my week so far, I also can't take anything else to help me sleep so I just pray I get some rest tonight!!! Also sounds like the only thing I can take is benedryl to help me sleep and I will not be doing that again!

In other good news, I have been feeling the little one move a lot the past few days! That just puts a smile on my face every time I feel it!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

praying for you! If you need ANYTHING call us!

Jennifer Terrero said...

Heres to hoping you get lots of rest. Isn't it wonderful when you have days like these that your LO just moves everywhere like telling you... Mommy dont worry... I'm okay. :)